This is happening tomorrow (Wednesday 14th February) at the Novotel Melbourne on Collins at 270 Collins Street.
It is such an important event. You can hear what’s being proposed by the Policy Review Panel (PRP); and you can ask any questions that you want. They are there to listen to your feedback. Don’t miss your chance!
I’m going to be attending as an “observer” for part of the time, so I look forward to catching up.
The PRP Chair (John Swinson) sent me through this updated timetable / schedule which he said I could publish. Please note his comments.
This is the schedule for Melbourne and Brisbane. It could change prior or on-the-fly, but it is currently what they aim to work towards.
- 10:00am: Introduction
- Until 11:15am: Overview of Australian domain names and key policy elements & discussion
- 11:15am – 11:30am – Morning Tea Break
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Expanding the namespace
- Introduction to Direct Registration
- Consumer Protection
- International issues
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – 2:45pm – Registrant Discussion Paper – detailed discussion
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm – Afternoon Tea Break
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Direct Registration Discussion – detailed discussion
Ned O’Meara 13th February 2017