On Episode 11 of the Domainer Show, Rob and Ed talk with the Finder.com.au co-founder Fred Schebesta!
Fred Schebesta co-founded CreditCardFinder.com.au in 2009, then re-branded to Finder.com.au in 2012, purchasing the domain name for around $50,000. 18 months later, he went ALL-IN and purchased the Finder.com domain name for over $500,000 Australia dollars.
Here’s where you can find the best bits of this highly intriguing interview:
- Fred learns how to make a MySQL database [3:00]
- The birth of Finder.com.au was CreditCardFinder.com.au [4:30]
- Expanding to purchase Finder.com for $500,000 [13:00]
- When your future depends on your matching .com domain [17:50]
- How can you justify $500,000 on a domain name as an investment? [19:00]
- How much work is involved when expanding to an international company? [21:00]
- Ed stumps Fred [22:50]
- Rob talks about attending StartCon 2018 [25:20]
- HiveEx.com – Fred’s Cryptocurrency Brokerage Site [26:30]
- Selling $10 million worth of Etherium Crypto in 20 minutes [27:20]
- How Fred’s ideas form and the steps involved in building a business [29:30]
- What happens if you’re not a coder? How do you create a successful online business in this day and age? [32:00]