On Episode 12 of the Domainer Show, Rob and Ed talk with the legendary Mike Mann! Mike is probably one of the BIGGEST guests we can have on this show in regards to the domain name industry, if not THE biggest! Many people would say Mike Mann is the most successful Domainer IN THE WORLD – and some would even say Mike is the Domain KING…
Here’s where you can find the best bits of this highly intriguing interview:
- [1:00] We discuss Mike’s Not-For-Profit businesses; MakeChangeTrust.
- [1:40] Mike discusses his MakeMillions.com book.
- [3:30] Mike was co-owner of Sex.com that sold for $13 million.
- [6:30] Does Mike attend Domain Conferences?
- [9:00] How safe would Rob and Ed be, compared to Mike, if nuclear war broke out?
- [9:30] How did Mike get started in the domain name industry? What was the first domain name Mike Mann ever sold? It turns out one of the first ever domain names Mike sold was one he registered for free, renewed for a few years at $35 a pop, and then sold for $25,000.
- [11:40] What has Mike’s domain buying strategy been over the years?
- [17:30] Mike owns a few hundred thousand .com domain names.
- [18:00] gTLDs and domain name market is high-risk as an investment purpose.
- [20:00] What does Mike think about ccTLDs?
- [20:40] What domains would Mike buy if you gave him $100 million dollars?
- [27:30] Are all the good domains taken? Are there any opportunities left to buy domain names?
- [28:30] What does Mike Mann think about UDRP’s and the complaint system?
- [32:30] Mike holds over 300,000 domain names and doesn’t receive many complaints.
- [34:00] Mike sells around 12 domain names every single day.
- [35:00] Mike sold CryptoWorld.com to Binance in 2018. What does Mike think about Cryptocurrency?
- [37:27] How does Mike feel about the future of domain names?
- [39:30] Mike develops strong domain names such as Phone.com and SEO.com(.)