Ed and I return after concentrating on our DIWG (Domain Investor Working Group) roles over the past few weeks with Episode 8 of the Domainer Show!
We’re labelling today’s show a “hook” episode, in the way that we’re bound not to talk about certain subjects, yet somehow we manage to discuss them without really discussing them.
Today’s topics in order are as follows:
- Massive changes to auDA Constitution and Membership Model (not an easy subject, but we struggle through!) (Starts at 0:50)
- After 100 days since the Afilias .AU Domain Migration, and since 1-year registrations for domain names have been possible, TPP Wholesale have still not bothered to allow customers to choose this option. The bottom line is, TPP Wholesale are not giving people a choice and it seems unfair and frustrating to many. (Starts at 7:45)
- What do you do when someone verbally agrees to sell you a domain name? But then… changes their mind, FOUR TIMES over FOUR DAYS?!?! (12:10)
- We look at an ongoing auDRP case where it’s a clearcut example of a RDNH (Reverse Domain Name Hijacker) attempt on a one-word domain name… but the auDRP Panelist has just ruled IN FAVOUR of the Hijacker!! Case is ongoing and story is developing. (19:20)
- We talk about, but don’t talk about how our Melbourne DIWG meeting went, from a few weeks ago. (33:45)
- What is the Netpreneur Summit? It’s an online entrepreneur summit happening in Perth in a few weeks and Ed and Rob will be doing a live speaking event! Click HERE to buy your ticket! (36:00)