A good friend and fellow domainer is Greg Brown from the Gold Coast. For those that didn’t listen to it previously, here is a link to a podcast interview I did with Greg last year.
Greg very kindly shared with me an email sales template he recently used with great success – and with his permission, I publish it here.
Hope it assists.
What do these companies have in common?
- AMP Society Ltd – amp.com.au
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia Ltd – cba.com.au
- National Australia Bank Ltd – nab.com.au
- Credit Unions of Australia – cua.com.au
- Medical Benefits Fund of Australia Ltd – mbf.com.au
- CGU Insurance Ltd – cgu.com.au
- Automotive Holdings Group Ltd – ahg.com.au
- National Roads & Motorists Association – nrma.com.au
- Retail Foods Group Ltd – rfg.com.au
- Price Waterhouse Coopers – pwc.com.au
These companies have all developed strong name brands, associated them with a short and memorable acronym and then acquired the matching domain name.
Gaining public interest through offline marketing is expensive and conversion rates from that audience into leads and potential customers are very low, even for companies with huge advertising budgets.
The most effective way to convert an offline audience into leads, and ultimately customers, is to ensure that what they see and hear offline can be easily remembered and keyed into their PC or smartphone when they want to take action or obtain further information.
Another advantage these companies gain is the efficiency in presenting their marketing message.
- Advertising space is expensive and businesses need to utilize limited display space efficiently.
- A short domain name provides that benefit, allowing for a more prominent display of the domain name or more space to present the marketing message.
- This benefit applies to business cards, printed directories, flyers, billboards; in fact all visual media.
These short and memorable domain names are being sold for 6 and 7 figure prices on a daily basis, because:
- They are highly valued by businesses that understand the benefits
- There is a limited number of them, and
- Their effective use is a proven business strategy
The domain name —.com.au – is unique; once it is acquired and used by a business that opportunity is lost to all other companies that could use it.
If you would like to discuss the purchase of —.com.au please call me.
0418 xxxxxxx / +61 418 xxxxxxx
07 55xxxxxxx / +61 7 55xxxxxxx