Quite a few people have said to me that I’m lucky because I’ve sold lots of domain names (compared to most others in the Australian market place).
The simple fact is that I have prepared myself to meet the opportunities that come my way. And if those opportunities are not immediately forthcoming, then I make them happen. So call it luck if you like. 😉
I don’t believe that there are secrets to success – just ingredients. These are my main ones:
- A great range of “stock” in every department.
- Never stock “contraband” i.e. trademarked domains.
- Understand and observe the regulator’s rules (even if I don’t like or agree with some of them).
- Attractive pricing. I have never been “greedy”; or tried to milk every dollar out of a potential sale.
- Prepared to offer terms (if necessary) to make a deal happen. Win / win.
- Excellent customer service and communication.
- Ongoing promotions, awareness and education. Help others wherever possible. This blog has been invaluable in that regard.
Speaking Of Luck
Yesterday I confirmed the sale of the premium domain name Luck.com.au. This was acquired by an astute investor.
In my opinion, this is one of the best 4 letter domains in the marketplace. Huge opportunities in the gambling sector – and also as a “brandable” domain name in its own right.
Congratulations and well done to the buyer.
Ned O’Meara – 30th January 2017