Read an article this morning in PerthNow about Perth’s ten most popular real estate investment suburbs.
As I’m an old Perth resident – as well as being both a real estate and domain name investor, I took particular interest in who had the “exact match” real estate domain names for each suburb. What a great marketing opportunity I thought. 🙂
But once I had a look, I came to the conclusion that it was “opportunity lost” for good real estate marketers.
THE TOP TEN SUBURBS (and who has each domain name)
We have five of the domains, and they’re currently “parked and earning income”. They’re all available for sale.
Of the other five, only one resolves to an actual real estate site – and even then it is a generic page not particularly suburb specific.
- Victoria Park – victoriaparkrealestate.com.au – parking page for Domain Syndicates (us)
- Bayswater – bayswaterrealestate.com.au – doesn’t even resolve – belongs to APPLEBY BAYSWATER
- South Perth – southperthrealestate.com.au – parking page for Domain Syndicates (us)
- Scarborough – scarboroughrealestate.com.au – doesn’t even resolve – belongs to REAL ESTATE EDUCATION COMPANY
- Maylands – maylandsrealestate.com.au – parking page for Domain Syndicates (us)
- Como – comorealestate.com.au – resolves to generic First National site.
- Baldivis – baldivisrealestate.com.au – doesn’t resolve – belongs to Systron Holdings
- Mount Lawley – mountlawleyrealestate.com.au – parking page for Domain Syndicates (us)
- Canning Vale – canningvalerealestate.com.au – resolves to parking page at Crazy Domains
- Wembley – wembleyrealestate.com.au – parking page for Domain Syndicates (us)
If I wanted to be the predominant real estate agency in the suburb or suburbs that I was active in, then it would simply be a no-brainer to have the exact match domain. You would surely want your clients (and potential clients) to know that you “owned the suburb”!
All you do is re-direct the domain to your existing agency site – easy as that.