Please scroll to bottom for update
Someone has let the very valuable 3 Letter domain name LAW com au expire, and it is up for grabs on the expired auctions on Sunday 22nd September 2019.
Some Big Questions (and some small ones)
- Why did someone / somebody let this expire? It’s not a Policy Delete. Was it the case of registrant email address being wrong perhaps? Screenshot of current WhoIs below.
- Who is going to bid for it; and how much will it go for? My money is on the guys that have bought a few big ones on the auctions over the past 12 months e.g. broker.com.au. They also happen to be the registrant of law.net.au who are currently one of the Category 1 priority holders.
- Which drop catcher will win it? My money is on Drop only because Netfleet have been off their game lately (not sure why?).
So as I said, pain and pleasure.
Current Category 1 Priority
UPDATE – Monday 23rd September
- Purchased on Drop for $50,000 inclusive of GST and costs.
- Highest bid on Netfleet was $33,456 exclusive of GST and costs.
- Purchasing entity is Turbine Ventures Pty Ltd – an entity associated with a well-known domain investor and developer. Congratulations! This is an awesome buy.
- With regards the first question I posed above (why did this drop), I did a bit more homework and discovered that the previous registrant’s company had been deregistered. At first I thought it was amazing that nobody had twigged to this and placed a backorder at Netfleet, but on investigation, this is on their exclusion list.