Obviously a 3 letter domain doesn’t work for every business out there, but if it does, then I urge you to look at trying to acquire yours.
Yes, it may cost a bit more than you initially expect. But I submit that it is not a cost – it is an investment in your business. One that will pay off handsomely in the future.
Remember that after the initial up front expenditure, it’s only going to cost you about $25 every two years to keep your domain name renewed. That’s a “no brainer” in my opinion.
“Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten”. Aldo Gucci
Why Are They Lethal Weapons?
- A 3 letter domain name is so easy to remember.
- Short and easy to type – no confusion or hesitation for your clients (or potential clients!).
- Particularly significant for mobile internet search.
- They become your brand – your identifier. Stands you apart from your competition.
- They are unique – as there will only ever be one set of your letters available in a .com.au domain.
- Currently they are relatively inexpensive to acquire here in Australia (in the USA, good 3L dot com domains regularly sell for 5 and 6 figures!).
- Due to their scarcity, these domains are always going to be an asset (capable of being re-sold).
These Businesses Get It!
I recently had the pleasure of assisting these businesses acquire a 3 letter domain for their online presence.
Whilst there have been many more, I’m highlighting these ones because they already have their website up and running!
ACS.com.au – Australian Computer Solutions (had the .net.au but wanted the the premium .com.au)
AIL.com.au – Adaptive Interactive Learning
RFS.com.au – Refuelling Solutions
If I May Offer Advice?
If a 3 letter domain suits your business, then do what you can to acquire it now. They are unlikely ever to be cheaper as they are becoming more and more popular.
A person who I was recently dealing with couldn’t initially come to grips with the price, and when he came back to me 6 weeks later, the domain had been sold to someone else.
As always, best wishes for your online success.