TPP Wholesale have been supplying wholesale domain names to Australian resellers for many years.
Although they claimed last year to be “the No.1 wholesale registrar in Australia” as they prepared to sell their business, Domainer strongly disagreed with that statement in 2018; TPP Wholesale is Dead.
Just over a year ago, it was reported that TPP Wholesale (owned by Arq Group) sold their business to a UK-based company called CentralNic Group.
Speaking from personal experience over the past few weeks, things have gone from bad to… simply ridiculous now.
In fact, I believe TPP Wholesale should lose their Registrar status as they clearly no longer have any idea what to do with Australian domain names.
Here are my own recent personal cases in point;
- They have wrongly allowed three seperate businesses this month (that I know of) to change their Registrant status from a “Cancelled ABN/ACN” to another entity, with no due diligence. (auDA are currently investigating). This shows they clearly have no idea about auDA Policy and have breached Section 4.2 (ii) of the .au Domain Name Suppliers Code of Conduct.
- For weeks, some of my domain names had NO AUTH CODE at all in their control panel. After much complaining by me (you can imagine!), they finally fixed the missing Auth Codes of some of my domains… However, on using the new Auth Codes to try and move my domains away, THEY DON’T WORK. Hence, my domains are trapped on the Titanic.
- They have had various “console outages” this month, meaning I have not been able to even view my domain names.
- They sent me an email showing a transfer of .AU domain names to another Reseller I have nothing to do with. This was followed up quickly with an apology stating; “We wanted to reach out to you regarding an email that was sent on … regarding a transfer of .AU domain names to … The email was accidentally sent to you in error.” This shows they have customer privacy issues.
- On making a legitimate complaint about a domain name on behalf of a client to their support team, “Matt” from TPP Wholesale smugly replied; “I do understand that you’re wanting this name to add to your portfolio…” which was incorrect. This shows they don’t care about their customers or the complaint process.
- Domainer has also received complaints from other domain investors, like the following from “Phil” who very recently lost dungog.com.au who stated; I was “not very well supported by TPP Wholesale I must comment (they would know I have a portfolio of hundreds of names). Grrrr.” Again, this shows they don’t care about their customers.
- I have at least one example where a support ticket to TPP Wholesale support, took FIVE MONTHS to get a response.
Around 5 years ago, I had thousands of domain names at TPP Wholesale. As their service went from bad to worse, I began moving my domains. Today, I have less than 30 names at TPP. And as soon as they fix their broken system and provide me with my AUTH CODES for my remaining domain names on their system, I AM RUNNING AWAY AS FAST AS I CAN.
I have made a formal complaint against TPP Wholesale with auDA for breaching various sections of the .au Domain Name Supplier Code of Practice.