The DIWG (Domain Investor Working Group) is meeting for the first time this Thursday in Melbourne where we will be reviewing the draft Direct .AU Registration implementation policy, currently being created by the PRP (Policy Review Panel), and providing feedback in relation to it, before it’s released to the general public.
The DIWG consists of the following members:
- Jeff Marr (Formally OMG, Boomerang & BookMaker.com.au which became Ladbrokes.com.au)
- Greg Brown (Acheeva Domains)
- Robert Kaay (DBR.com.au & Registry.com.au & Domainer.com.au)
- Sam Herszberg (Domain Investor)
- Bobby Khanna (Domain Manager of various large portfolios)
- Chris Norris (DomainBoutique.com)
- Ian Halson (Current Member of CMWG, PRP and DIWG)
- Ed Keay-Smith (OnlineImpact.com.au & BusinessMarketingShow.com & Domainer.com.au)
More information about the DIWG can be found in this press release.
In that press release, I stated:
“Direct .AU Registration has been the most polarising issue facing the domainer and domain investor communities since it was publicly approved to go ahead by auDA on the 18th April, 2016,” said Mr Kaay. “In forming the new Domain Investor Working Group, I believe we have a very strong group of 8 members who have been specifically chosen for their extensive experience as well-known and respected professional domain investors. We look forward to providing our collective feedback to the Policy Review Panel on their Direct Registration implementation policy, before it’s released to the broader public for feedback.”
I will be concentrating my efforts on the DIWG throughout September and October, but still hope to publish a number of Domainer Shows with Ed during this time.